Everything we do on this website is designed to provide a better service to our Users.
EADSM respects every User’s right to privacy and our intention is to be as transparent as possible at all times in the way we use our Users’ information.
Please read this Policy to learn more about the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you in accordance with the process described in the Changes to This Policy section below. By signing up for our services and by using our Website, you signify your acceptance of this Policy.
Categories of Personal Data
Personal Data collected by us could include:
- contact information, such as first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, and residence address as well as the Users business address;
- events attendance data;
- official documents required to confirm the Users professional status
- proposal system submissions;
- any other type of information we may ask you for or that you may choose to provide us with.
How We Receive Personal Data
We may receive your Personal Data through our Website. In particular, we receive Personal Data when:
- you sign up as a member of EADSM using our Website;
- you interact with our Website when, for example, registering for an event or using or contact form;
- your information that you have provide to us by any other means is entered into our system by us, e.g., for the purpose of sending email newsletters;
- all the information we receive from the User are only assessible to the User via ‘MyEADSM’ on our Website and the User can perform unrestricted action required on these files deemed necessary by the User such as adding files, removing files, etc.
We may also receive your personal data from third parties, in which case, we will notify you, where required by applicable laws, without undue delay.
Purposes of Processing
We may process your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- registering you as a member of our association;
- enabling your use of the features of our Website;
- handling dues and fee billings for membership, events, and other association business;
- retaining statistical information about your involvement, activity, and dues/fee payment;
- tracking event attendance and committee membership;
- tracking online learning participation;
- recording of continuing education credits;
- featuring news articles/press releases related to your association’s activity;
- responding to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- periodically sending you newsletters and other relevant materials according to the association’s purposes.
Duration of Data Storage
We store your data as long as it serves a specific purpose: as long as you have an account with us or as long as we require your information for providing services to you.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Data with other entities. Such third parties may include those providing:
- association management software;
- web development services;
- journal submission software;
- registration management software;
- hosting services;
- cloud storage services;
- IT support services;
- analytics services;
- customer support services;
- payment services;
- any other type of external services we might need for us to be able to operate our Website and to provide you with our services.
We may share your Personal Data with these third-party vendors, solely to enable them to perform the services for us. In providing such Personal Data, we require that those third-party vendors maintain at least the same level of security that we maintain for such Personal Data.
If we would need to transfer your Personal Data to other countries than the one where the association’s head office is located, we will ensure that this will be subject to appropriate safeguards and other requirements, as stated in the applicable laws.
Other Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- to the extent required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary, in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, or private parties, including but not limited to: in response to subpoenas, search warrants, or court orders;
- if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our association’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other association change;
- to our subsidiaries or affiliates, only if necessary for business and operational purposes.
We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data, which does not include any Personal Data, about our Website users as a group for any legal business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients, and customers.
If we must disclose your Personal Data, in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, we may not be able to ensure that such recipients of your Personal Data will maintain the privacy or security of your Personal Data.
We do not perform automated decision-making activities, such as profiling.
Data Integrity and Security
We have implemented and will maintain technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized processing, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Access, Correction, and Deletion
If you are a data subject about whom we store Personal Data, you may have the right to request access to, and the opportunity to update, correct, or delete such Personal Data. You can make these changes by login in on the website or you may always email us at the email address found in the Contact Us section of this Policy. We will implement your requested changes, as soon as we reasonably can and we will notify you of the action performed within reasonable delay.
Restriction and Objection to Processing, Portability
If you are a data subject whose Personal Data we process, you may have the right to ask that we limit our processing of your Personal Data, as well as the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data. You may also have the right to ask to have your Personal Data exported in a machine-readable format. To exercise such rights, where applicable, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section of this Policy.
Privacy of Children
Our Website is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly allow anyone under 18 to provide any Personal Data on our Website. Children should always get permission from a parent or guardian, before sending personal information over the Internet. If you believe your child may have provided us with Personal Data, you can contact us using the information in the Contact Us section of this Policy and we will delete that Personal Data.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to this Policy
Questions or Concerns